PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 09:15
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bullwinkle
I've generally been a conservative voter all my life (although I did vote for Keating) but if this is the current state of play, I'll certainly have to consider my options at the next election!
Think the govt has more than enough to worry about than your vote....how many years down the track??

PS being honest that the owners - whose political/business crossovers are extensive - will not kick in funds could be seen as laying the (final) cards on the table.

There will never be a monopoly if VA go bust - first of all you need a travelling public TO monopolise, either government will facilitate the growth/induction of a new player (Alliance/Lion/PussyVirgin returning to its basics under the Tiger AOC....you know, the good old days when VA made money before delusions of adequacy/capability set in...whomever) and probably force QF to play nice until the market is better represented.

The owners aren't prepared to shore up their investment and wait/hope better days - yet the Australian govt should??

Yeah/nah....IMHO.