PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 12:31
Webby737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an engineer, I personally enjoy working in this industry, if I had my time again I wouldn't change it.
I've been working in the aviation industry for about the last 25 years and it's always been boom and bust so work wise it's always been a feast or a famine.
I understand that having the security and routine of an office job might suit some people but it certainly would not suit me.
Over the years I've had the opportunity to travel to weird and wonderful places, meet and work with weird and wonderful people and had many unforgettable experiences, all this whilst getting paid to do it.
Yes, sometimes the hours are a bit rubbish and the pay has not always been good but 90% of the time I feel like I'm getting paid to do a hobby.
These days I'm self employed (not a great idea at the moment!), pretty much dictate my own working hours and earn about the same as a captain flying for a low cost airline.
This year might be hard but we'll get over it and in 12 - 24 months time we'll all be complaining there's a shortage of trained, experienced personnel.