PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing a small plane at LHR/LGW
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 12:28
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
What on earth do you mean by loophole?????

People are dying because of some selfish individuals disobeying the law - the parks in London were crowded last weekend. And you are promoting finding some way to break the law or get round it and risk killing someone

Come to my hospital and I will show you the consequences

Recreational flying must stop
Cool down, lost in translation. Meant to say, if by coincidence there is a legal way under today's circumstances, do it. Comparing light aircraft activity to full parks shows perhaps up to 3 orders of magnitude difference, that's not a fair call.

I understand your frustration and would feel the same in your shoes, under the impression someone was trying to get around the protocols in place.

The full opposite is true for myself. Not only we are protecting the healthy, but also the sick by keeping the rise in figures on short(er) leash and thus giving the medics a chance to cope, preserving at least some health sector capacity to people with serious non-COVID conditions, possibly even more lethal. Most of the things that are still allowed in the UK are banned under State Emergency Law here back home!