PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2020, 07:10
Jcmcgoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m at one of the three named airlines, and I consider that each will react to the challenge in its own way. They are clearly three different entities, vastly differing cultures and their reaction to their latest threat will give clear indication to how they value their respective staff.

I have personally been quite impressed by the timely reaction from my own company. The company and the union working hand in hand. Between them they did manage to put many minds at ease a few weeks ago now. .My own company moved relatively quickly and we able to announce their plans going forward at quite an early juncture. The company worked closely with trade unions and it is my understanding both were on a similar page through debate to reach short term solutions to current challenge

This has changed and amended slightly since, due an award from a govt on the continent which provided no small means of security for the business, and then moves by our own U.K. govt. I can’t speak for everyone at my company, certainly no spokesperson, however from an individual viewpoint, their response for me was timely, considered, changeable to suit the ongoing situation and showed no small means of humility to employees. There was a fair display of leadership thrown in for good measure too. I’m sure you will, in any company, find those who wouldn’t be happy. But that’s just a fact of life.

Id suggest, with balance, the other two companies reacted differently. But this would no better nor worse, more simply be in line with their best efforts to secure the company going forward. It may give an indication to how employees are valued by the respective company and give some indication to the strength of their financial situation but more importantly going forward then I hope everyone is safe and some idea of Career security.

it is of course possible that things will look remarkably different once we come out of the other side of the current situation. But at the moment it’s good that everyone has an idea of the forward plan.

Good luck stay safe.