PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 16:08
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megab22
thank you. money is not the thing in my mind. ive had the aviation bug since a very young age and love the feeling of being off the ground and taking people to places. just i am worried what to do in the future and i know to study hard but i dont want to graduate from high school not knowing what to do. i am currently doing my RPL in my local flying school. i am looking at doing a university course which is AB initio but has a VET student loan which is very nice. or i would like to try the cadetship because being in an airliner has always been my goal and not GA. im just looking in pathway advice because i know one day i would have to face the reality and i understand the industry is tough. thanks a lot for the advice.
Good, it is a huge head start if money is not the primary focus on your mind right now.

There's no book called wisdom, everyone's different.

You will almost always be rewarded for taking risks and trying new things out. Even if you aim for A and miss, it'll be the things that you learned and that you never suspected in the first place that will be the main takeaway. And looking back, it won't be the things that you tried that you'll regret but the things that you did not. Over time, that will come back to haunt you and it'll bite you hard.

Connecting dots looking ahead is almost always a fallacious exercise. It'll only give you a fake sense of security that will do you no justice in the long run.

My advice: slack when you must but never become too complacent, keep an open mind, accept that you will change and will not be same the bloke you are today in 5, 10 or 15 years, stay smart, strive for curiosity, take risks, think big. When luck eventually hits, and it will, you'll be ready.

This video by Casey Neistat is a perfect example of that mindset:

Last edited by Okihara; 4th Apr 2020 at 03:24.