PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 09:02
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spacedog
i think there are far more airlines out there with outstanding orders for A330s. If Virgin are such an important customer to either Airbus or Rolls then I think they should be helping Virgin stay afloat not the UK gov and ultimately the tax payer. If I was airbus I would be far more worried about the number of orders which are likely to be cancelled as airlines try to preserve cash and aim to return to profitability.
Didn't Boeing come to the aid of Monarch in 2016 when they had the MAX's on order?

Whilst they've not ordered as many aircraft as some other airlines, it's fair to say that VS have been good customers of both Airbus and Rolls-Royce over the last 30 years. Apart from the A340-300's and 747-400's, all the other new widebody aircraft VS have bought have been fitted with RR engines.

You make a good point about Airbus needing to be worried about likely deferrals/cancellations. That's why it's not in their interests to see VS fail as they would then have 22 widebody aircraft becoming white tails or never built. Same for any other airline for that matter.