PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 09:42
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lapon
To play the devils advocate it must be asked is this really that much of Bransons fault?
As far I can tell he contributed to the start up, largley cashed out, and was presumably not involved involved in the running of the company.

I dont know enough about the other enterprises mentioned, but if his game is to start a business and largley cash out and hand over the running to someone else, is he really that responsible for the float or flop outcome?

I think responsibility lies with historical management, not particular shareholders in the case of VA
The guy is all bells and whistles, but your right, his decision making in the current business was essentially zero. He was wheeled out for route launches in dragons and appeared coming out of baggage belts. That’s about it.

Singapore and Etihad need to bail the thing out. They were both as bad as each other with the tinkering and capex plans. Well, they were the ones pumping the cash in after all, so rightly so. Hogan was then moved on so that relationship and money stream dried up. Singapore got distracted with its own ventures.

He could have saved Virgin America with some cash of his own dollars to keep it as it was albeit not under Alaska, but no dice.

Its no different here. His got his cash and gone. Same with RyanAsia. They made a lot of cash selling out of Tiger and have gone.