PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2020, 17:57
jensdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy
BA were only advised on Friday morning by the airports management of the intention to restrict the hours of operation after the weekend.

Of the 25 flights scheduled to operate to LHR over the next 14 days, there were only 3 that would have been able to operate.

With only couple of days before the new restrictions BA decided to cancel its flights as the only way Of making the restriction daily would involve having to make changes to more than one other route. BA have now suspended the route until early May
I'm not remotely party to any info on the relationship between BA and NCL but I've said it here before: Whether it's the airport's advertising that you can fly to destination X for £x via MUC when BA can get you there via LHR for £x-20; or their assertion when EK started that you can 'now' fly one-stop to e.g. Mauritius when BA had been doing it for about 30 years, NCL just don't appear to value BA as much as they should. I could of course be entirely wrong but that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting.