PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying club ops and Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 13:55
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Wow, a few posters are pretty harsh!

We are a community here. Yes, we should mentor best behaviour, but no need to be mean about it!

I agree that social isolation should be everyone's prime objective. And, everyone is entirely welcomed to not do something that they feel puts them self at risk. If you don't want to fly a plane, for fear that the last pilot might have contaminated it, don't fly the plane! If local rules say don't drive anywhere, including the airport, than don't drive anywhere.

For some pilots, an airplane, and the opportunity to fly it, may be possible without involving any other person. If so, and doing so conforms to all of the local rules, that becomes a personal decision. Certainly where I fly, I'd likely not encounter anyone on a normal day, and fewer people than that in these circumstances. I don't plan to do any flying which at all involves interacting with other people directly, until the health rules say it's okay. But, I do plan to fly to maintain my skills, keep the rust out of my planes, and just ease my mind a little....