PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying club ops and Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 13:18
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, you are welcome to try and convince me that there would be any degree of improperly selfish behaviour in taking a stroll through the skies. People are doing the exact same thing here on their motorbikes, and I can see no issue with that, either. And I rode some 8 km on my push bike this afternoon, too. Selfish? How so?

Seeing no counter-arguments, I can only appreciate the positive effect of a bit of recreation to my mental health, already much challenged these days, if only by having to do all my professional meetings by phone/internet/skype. Mind you, authorities are actively encouraging moving around for recreation, though they rightly insist on doing so in solitude. One silly minister wanted to limit recreational cycling to some perimeter around one's home but that has been averted.

Above all, let it be clear that the whole discussion is somewhat moot: my airspace and my aerodrome are closed by law, and I will surely abide by the law.

[on a linguistical sidenote: a native speaker of Dutch, and fascinated by linguistics, I suppose the Dutch root referred to is the verb "zwabberen", a cleaning technique which was indeed standard on ships; though not limited to marine use]