PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Protective suits for cabin crew and protection for flight crew
Old 30th Mar 2020, 09:44
Radgirl

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
As always pilot DAR you make a good point and I appreciate pilots need hard facts. However, the medicine is fast moving, and the time taken to publish facts means references wont appear for months.

My posts are based on my conversations with colleagues in China and Europe treating patients on ITU and my planning to keep my own doctors and nurses safe. I will provide peer reviewed publications where I can. In the case of droplets vs aerosols CDC has changed some positions in the last 5 days. I stand by what I posted based on the above plus my knowledge of the airway and many decades in ITU. However we should be looking at the bigger picture of what to do to keep cc safe. If someone gets infected they dont really care if it was a droplet or an aerosol. I am not here to win arguments but to offer advice. Can we agree that CC in a highly loaded commercial aircraft are at risk and that normal surgical masks do not provide full protection, certainly if not properly donned and doffed and if working for a protracted time

Stay safe