PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 07:53
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Livesinafield
Regardless of how this pans out, its not a bad idea using your off time to get another skill/trade as a back up anyway. I flew with many fairly new Fo's over the last few years that are new to the industry and countless times I explained that how it is now is not the norm and it won't last and something will crash the industry as its so fragile and here we are...chaos, I want to be optimistic and it will recover again everything does its part of the cycle of everything over decades, but will it return to the same ? Probably not, and the new guys new to the game will be at the bottom of a long list of very experienced guys, ask anyone who flew through the 2008 onward era

Bets of luck to all of us
how on earth is anyone supposed to learn a new trade in a few months, given that all the trades are also on lockdown? Bricklaying, plumbing, welding all takes a dam sight longer than 3 months to learn. I don’t mean one of those zero to hero college courses, I mean proper time served trades, the kind I’d let actually do some work for me.
oh, and they’re also sat at home too, only they’re worried because the government has left them high and dry with the wage bailout.