PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2020, 12:52
torvalds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CW247
What some of you doomsters are not factoring in is that 2020 represents a vastly different social landscape compared to 1929, 1973, 2001 and 2008. Sure we were human then and we're still human now with the same basic needs, but those experiences have made us stronger and more resilient. We are more resilient to and more accepting of debt now. We are less accepting of a poor outlook in life. It is this attitude which sets us on course for the stars. We simply know no other way of making a living other than the way in which we do now. In 1929, the average person was as qualified as their parents and children, and society offered nothing by way of innovation and advance in understanding of science/tech.

The present generation of 'doers' (I guess not you 60+ types) know and understand that our prosperity lies in a quick recovery. We would therefore do anything we can to bring that about to make our lives easier and prosperous. Regarding QE, if we can have a monetary system based on fiat currency and fractional reserve lending (i.e. fake numbers on a screen), then why should the fixing/patching of such a monetary system be any more real? QE creates inflation, but clever accounting by the central banks can "fix" that too. Watch this video, and gasp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kCIoq5F7O4
What's a couple of trillion between friends. C'mon you can't be that illiberal. Only few years before that we didn't care about the trillions disappeared from the defence budget either, so why would it count.
Just keep the party going and the peasants wont notice a thing.
I think it's time to let it go. And at any rate, it is an ancient history (2008). Didn't you hear that a (who cares) "singer" married some hillbilly "lady" yesterday and they spend their honeymoon in Wuhan? Now, there, there, back to the program.