PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Nightingale
Thread: RAF Nightingale
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2020, 17:50
Islandlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANK YOU

Originally Posted by Radgirl
I think we are getting well away from reality. The Nightingale is needed because London is getting the surge. Modelling is an educated guess but suggests a massive influx in London needing this extra capacity. As has been said, patients deteriorate slowly, there is no need for urgent transfer, and the use of aircraft is pure posturing

I am very pleased that the UK is doing something, albeit far too late. It boosts morale to see lots of soldiers moving boxes, although I note the boxes have ordinary surgical masks that offer no protection. Meantime hospitals already getting patients which are full of aerosol-ed virus and where the doctors and nurses are themselves at risk of infection STILL await the promised deliveries of PPE. We have been waiting over a week. We had just one delivery.....of ordinary surgical masks. I like many others have been buying up stock from hardware shops etc. Absenteeism due to isolation or actual disease is massive and means we cant even staff the volume of work we normally do. We should be prioritizing protection for the dwindling number of doctors and nurses who have patients now before moving PPE to a building that wont be receiving for days
I'm not sure what you or your colleagues or teams do exactly, but,

thank you!

Thank You!!

THANK YOU!!!