PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying club ops and Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2020, 13:16
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in Northern California, our club re-opened today for solo operations only. Family members are not allowed in the aircraft
So I presume you drive to the airfield never needing to refuel, pay tolls, open gates and never break down. Get the aircraft out single handed. Refuel yourself. Go flying without any maintenance or ATC. Never need support and never have an accident. no food or drink.

You clean your aircraft completely including removing floor panels and washing with disinfectant that you have approval for. You have a policy for absorbant surfaces that is approved by a virologist.

The reality is you have a contaminated aircraft and you are so selfish you are requiring other people to break isolation or stay-ay-home and put themselves at risk for your selfish hobby. No wonder the US has overtaken China in cases. Every time you do this another person's risk of dying increases. Here in the UK we are struggling to cope, Young healthy people are dying and many healthcare workers will die - one of my OR nurses died yesterday. The US in some states is far worse and California is one of them. I try not to rant on pprune but may i make an exception here please?