PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2020, 13:16
torvalds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snr
I agree, a well reasoned argument, however with one missing viewpoint. When this dies down, be it mid-summer, or late autumn, many billions of people around the world will have been in isolation for months. The majority of those will probably still have jobs to go back to (due to various unprecedented stimulus packages from governments), will have been getting paid while sitting at home (the UK's 80% salary Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme being an example), and not have spent a penny on anything other than food and utilities. They'll be desperate to fly - whether to get some sun, or to visit family they haven't seen for months.

Add to that the fact that every major event has been postponed from the first half of 2020, but still planned to go ahead, the economic rebound will be huge. The Olympics, Formula 1, football, rugby, music events, business conferences, all taking place over the course of the following year.

Naturally it goes without saying that this is all conjecture - it could go either way, this is just the optimistic view of one pilot currently sitting on their couch.
Makes me wonder why do we ever resort to austerity and why can't we just get rid of poverty once and for all? Just imagine, if the governments can "give" unlimited free money to spend, then we could have an even bigger economy already and would be better prepared when the ****e hits the fan. This is a no-brainer. We have the wrong set of decision makers in power.
I am convinced now, just sit tight and wait it out. Not even the sky will be the limit. Spend quality time with your loved ones and don't worry about a thing. Imagine it is a bad dream or you are on a holiday and the weather turned bad.

I agree though, most of the skilled labour type jobs are probably a good choice (if you give a toss)