PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2020, 10:14
Sorath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinuz89
Guys, finishing the entire training, ("zero to hero") in 18 months / 2 years is the best case scenario.
Loads of other factors are involved, school organisation, training outcomes, eventually exams to be repeated, aircrafts which go on maintanance, no slots for flying (eg. between CPL and IR).
I can tell, I ran around 4 schools.

So I wouldn't be too scared about the current situation, consider 2 years as minimum.
If you consider also the time to get a type rating and a line training (like MPLs) add something like 8 months more, the pandemic will be over sooner.
The question is.. what will be left over those 2years+8months... will there be spots for fresh fATPLs or not. Is it worth it to wait it out having to pay for your "current status".... we all hope it just blows away but even if everyone wanted to fly again, airlines will be damaged economically and they might not be able to operate or expand as they desire...
I truly hope this is a V shape recovery pattern but the more time the airlines are grounded the more U shape the recovery will be... a long U that is.