PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2020, 10:02
Citationcj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sorath
So true... I'm a wannabe and a lot of what I read here is just making me doubt myself for wanting to become a pilot, as if I were crazy or something... I do believe this situation will change industry forever as 9-11 did but I seriously doubt there will not be a place for cadets some time in the future, hopefully there will be in a near future (two years) than far future (ten years).

Some people should start hoarding aluminum foil for their tin hats instead of so much toilet paper...
Theres two sides of every story!

One is people wanna train and they believe its the right thing, as we all believed at one stage

Then you have people who “been there, done that” are telling you not to do it.

I’m personally of the opinion to keep your cash as long as you can. Dont give up, but dont be going all out on this as this could be a lengthy process.
Theres still a few airlines possibly to go belly up, and realistically speaking market will be flooded with professional and rated pilots.

The problem is, the true reality hasn’t kicked in yet, and people still think the pre-virus way.

Give it some time and you will see the changes, firstly flight schools will start to drop their prices, you might be in a better position.

But as it stands, the aviation is dead. All you have to do and look at the FR24 to see it happening.
No EZY Planes, No RYR, No Norwegian, No Iberia, etc.

And me a current and thousands of hour pilot Im out of job for foreseeable future!

good luck