PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Mar 2020, 22:23
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
HnH Hi that wasn’t exactly my thinking but those elements cover at least part of it and I would agree.

In truth of all of the elements that go to making up the end result here the financial part seems to me to come down the list.

Commercial pressure is the cry but then in very recent memory the UK has lost fully serviceable 109 and a 139 aircraft with trained, respected commercial crew - the 139 two pilots on board and the CVR highlights that they were fully aware of the risks and dangers of their situation.

Still the AAIB are very confident in their report that significant evidence existed that the pilot was being renumerated and the CAA give a view that:-

CAA inspectors regularly visit airfields as well as public events where aviation operations involving aircraft or helicopters take place. During such visits or inspections, the CAA monitors for any possible illegal activity. The CAA also carries out regular spot checks of flight plans. Reports from the public, especially from those within the legitimate aviation community can also provide useful intelligence to the investigators.

Given all the checks and the significant evidence of payment it can’t have been going on all that long otherwise he’d have been caught beforehand?