PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job seeking issues in 2020
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2020, 15:00
Brutal

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
The shortage is because of T's & C's. Regarding Hems, when the schedule was Day, VFR only, the pay was not too bad, but now, it's Day/night shifts, NVG.,IR required etc and the Pay has not really gone up to match the skill set required and for doing shift work.
I disagree that "it's not going to be anywhere near offshore wages"! That's just what the management of these charities love to hear. When you see that most, not all I know, of these charities are obscenely rich, buying brand new state of the art aircraft, some could argue unnecessary purchases, and moving to their new hangers, just on the other side of the same aerodrome etc, spending millions to avoid paying HMRC, I would say that with the above reasons they NEED to start paying much higher wages than continuing to shout we're a charity crap expecting people to accept less for that reason!
How much does the YAA have in the bank? 3% pension?
The one charity I see that is careful with the publics kind and generous donations in terms of aircraft type is the GNAA. They buy 2nd hand cheap (in comparison) Dauphins which are more than capable of saving lives? (The new base is a bit overkill though)?
If London HEMS is paying 70k for day vfr only, (yes I know it's London and expensive, but so are some other areas of the UK), what should the other hems operators be paying for everything they require?
Fly safe,
B.