PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please support easyJet Pilots and Cabin Crew
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 17:43
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clvf88
You have a very confused and short-termist view of how a business operates. You realise x% doesnt roll off the customers credit cards straight into employees payroll?

The money would most likely come from existing cash positions. In more extreme circumstances it could come from the disposal of assets. If the business is viewed to be viable and profitable in the long term, it could come from some manner of borrowing.
I'm thinking far more in long term. Little 'blips' can always be ironed out (e.g. a period of winter snow closing airports and sending things out of kilter). It's the long term wind downs or, even worse, shut downs that will cause the money to dry up.

Borrowing? Which bank or institution is going to lend to any airline right now? Banks have pulled the plug on airlines in major crises in the past.

I'm not trying to be unfairly hard on anyone, just trying to correct any "I'm entitled to to my current pay" misconceptions. If the money isn't there you're not 'entitled' to anything.