PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The creation of Air UK. Why did it happen ?
Old 18th Mar 2020, 08:52
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10
nice photo...I only flew Air UK a very few times. STN-SOU-STN, STN-GCI-STN and MME-HUY .
​​​​​This excellent excellent photo is on the Air UK reunion website at www.airukreunion.co.uk along with the excellent website www.british-caledonian.com

Both site's have some excellent photos and hoards of information regarding both airlines for those who are interested.

Barry Field who took the above photo of the collection of Dart Herald's on the apron at Southampton Airport also has a huge collection of similar photos from that era posted on www.air-britain.com.

Many of his collection of photos are also posted on the two other websites I have listed.

I thoroughly recommend all three websites if anyone hasn't already seen them. But we are all aviation enthusiast's and we all share an interest in aviation nostalgia so I am hoping that ALL of you are already aware of the websites.

I would be honestly shocked if none of you weren't 😉

Many similar photos are to be seen in Flickr which is an absolute gold mine for avation photos especially from a bygone era. You could spend hours, days, months, years on Flickr viewing the excellent photos and you still see some that you have never come across before.

Obviously it goes without saying that I thoroughly recommend Flickr 🤗

When I get round to it I think that I will create that thread here on history and nostalgia regarding the history of British Caledonian Airways the second force airline.

I am sure that it will make for an extremely interesting thread 🤗

Last edited by Sotonsean; 18th Mar 2020 at 09:03.