PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it appropriate to give small gift for cabin crew when boarding?
Old 15th Mar 2020, 15:16
TokenBoxTicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it appropriate to give small gift for cabin crew when boarding?

Hello!

I will be flying LHR-CPT in November, representing the UK in an International Pole Fitness Competition.
I am a very nervous flyer, and Registered Blind/Severely Visually Impaired with a Snellen rating of 2/36. Other than that, I am strong, healthy and mentally sound.

At present I am working on ways to try to get over my fear of flying, because not only is it embarrassing, but I believe that Cabin Crew have a hard enough job already, without adding a nervous, scared V.I. Passenger to the mix!

I would like to offer the Cabin Crew a small thank you gift of appreciation as I board, but I don't want to breach any etiquette rules, or gift something inappropriate or not useful.

I do intend to write to the airline (it will be British Airways or Virgin) after the flight to express my thanks, but I wish to show my gratitude in person while actually on board.

Please could you offer me some suggestions of acceptable gifts that can be shared amongst the crew...and any other tips or advice on what to do or not do, in order to be a pleasant passenger?

I'm also really worried about not being able to reach up to put my bag in the overhead lockers, because I am only 4ft 8ins! Would I be a pain in the bum if I need assistance with this?

Thank you.