PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 15th Mar 2020, 12:31
Blackfriar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pittsextra
Anyone who operates a helicopter in the UK will know the individual im referring to at the CAA and will as sure as im sat on my iPhone making predictive text fails will to a man know the absolute veal this guy would get involved with someone he thought was operating illegally. You sir have never sat next to this guy and watched anyone do something illegal.

So like I said either the shouting hasn’t been loud enough or the evidence hasn’t been there.

As an aside given the causal / contributory elements of this accident the causal parts had nothing to do with the economics of the flight.
A few years ago we had a single piston-engined vintage helicopter reglarly fly low (below 1,000ft) overhead on certain weekends. This was not long after a couple of high profie helicopter crashes in urban areas.
A bit of investigation found that I could pay for a flight in this device, despite it being flown by a PPL. A quick email to the CAA and a phone call from them to ask me a few questions and it all stopped. So it seems like the rotary enforcer at CAA is doing their job.