PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident Near Mangalore Airport - Possibly 2 Aircraft down
Old 14th Mar 2020, 06:38
Capn Bloggs

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts
When you talk to those VFRs in G and they talk to you,
I don't, Balloon. It beggars belief that you'd ask such a question. Surely you already know the answer.

how do you know they are where they think and say they are?
Pretty easy; ask them twice, find out what they are going to do, ask them their distance, that's always correct from their ipad. It will become obvious where they are.

Plenty of other unknown in the system, like TCAS RAs because of controller and pilot stuffups, runway incursions and so the list goes on.

If you're so worried (although I suspect you are only asking because you have nothing better to do than annoy me) about all the potential failings of the system, put in Class A with ADS-B for VFR everywhere. Dick introduced User Pays (unlike hte USA) so it won't come out of my pocket...

I don't see an ILS being put into Lockhart River anytime soon. I wonder why...

The fact is, the current system is set up so that if the participants do the right thing, it'll work. There are defences (not including Se and Avoid). My point is that E has NO defences for VFR verses IFR. We would be knowingly introducing a system in which unalerted See and Avoid is the only defence.

I've never had any problem complying with the lawful commands of my superiors
And neither do the lads in the OAR. Get real and stop beating up on the troops. Do you seriously think they just created that Avalon E for hits and giggles??