PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2020, 06:53
Ayline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess time time will tell as to whether a direct service will work however here are a few of my thoughts. The Flybe service from Birmingham to Guernsey was twice daily on weekdays with Flybe whereas the new service is only once a day on the days when it does operate so I guess the number of seats that were available to Guernsey passengers with Flybe will not be hugely different going forward although it is difficult of course to know how many Flybe passengers were destined for Guernsey rather than Jersey. There may also be the option in the winter time or perhaps on certain days of the week to operate a triangular service with Eastmidlands as happened yesterday due to the poor weather conditions. If this were to happen then Guernsey might benefit from a daily service to both destinations on a year round basis. I recall BMA operating EMA-BHX-GCI-BHX-EMA during lean times. I suppose a combined Bristol and Exeter service might also be an option. It might not be appealing to passengers but might be one way of maintaining regular services especially now with the Coronavirus.