PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Islands
Thread: Blue Islands
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2020, 18:23
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gurnard
The problem we all face is that typed comments are simply read by others rather than heard in a particular tone of voice. The same comment heard vocally would indicate the inner feelings of the person who had made it. When I read the comment some have taken exception to, I did not detect any gloating over the demise of Flybe but rather irony. The comment had nothing to do with Flybe employees who had been made redundant overnight.
Regular readers of this forum soon form an idea of the posters and can detect trolls and those out to gloat. The comments of kcockayne fall into neither of these categories. While care is needed in posting comments, it is impossible in debates of this kind to completely avoid being misunderstood. Our interpretations can be very subjective. The fact that an apology was quickly offered proves the genuineness of the poster. (Trolls never apologize.) Surely most of us are genuinely sorry for those working at the coal-face who have been badly let down by their employers. We wish Blue Islands and other carriers every success and hope those out of work through the Flybe calamity will soon fare rather better.
Thank you for your comments, Gurnard, they are greatly appreciated. I can tell you that I was devastated that someone had put the connotation which they had on my original comments. That was why I apologized - I had no wish or intention to upset anyone. I am a genuine contributor with a lifetime of professional & personal interest in aviation , hopefully, my comments are taken as they are intended. It is good to discover that you & others accept my sincerity & best intentions. I only hope that any others can accept my genuineness. Thank you again.