PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 20:50
Rosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are folks sending me PM asking whether it would still be ok to get a EASA conversion with Olympus Aviation Academy. They are so cheap they think.. While I was there I met with 20s former OAA students who like me ended with nothing but around 10k to 13k€ lost tuition fees and several months of confrontations.

We all being forced to leave that school with partial training after various dramas, as serious as air accidents. Think about about it, 20s former students had lost at least 10k that's assuredly 200.000€ gone! And what about other former OAA students I haven't heard about their struggles?

How about the instructors who had left cause they were not getting their due pay? Depending where on Earth you come from, some of you guys might call the gone students with empty pockets losers, while some others of you would just see this plunging well into criminality! I don't even know the state of OAA right now but if it happens you met it’s boss, Stavros Anastasiadis, get to the hell out there.

Whatever it's at OAA or any other flight schools he is trying to open up! He has hurt so many student pilots and even their families for so many years, with all possible manipulations, debts and dramas. There are many better flight schools in Greece!

I've been looking for flight school well before landing at OAA, it's hard to choose a flight schools many have their own issues. One school I visited before OAA, the students from there made me aware about all the issues they experienced. They were honest with me and made me aware about their school crippled with debts and they were 15 students trapped with only one airplane.

I was thankful to them, it takes courage to denounce abnormalities in aviation, and kept looking elsewhere. As I faced so many issues with OAA, now it's my turn to let potential new students aware about a terrible experience for me and other of my classmates.