Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 19:13
Matt995

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer 2020

[QUOTE=OltonPete;10706858]
Originally Posted by Matt995
now looks like the 28th April, as nothing currently bookable on their website, or showing on google flights after that date [

It was an usual end date originally but at least left it until after Easter.

Loads in general have not been too bad but some light fares at times and again another loco route where yields no doubt have failed to match expectations. However as I mentioned in an earlier post I don't think Madrid is a route for two loco's although Ryanair has never been more than 4 a week except Christmas extras..

I am sure Ryanair winter has changed as it was showing reduced to twice weekly for short periods but it is now showing 3 a week all winter.

[b]Flybe

Not too much comment on here re Flybe but I would like to pass on my best wishes to cockpit & cabin crew and ground handlers (WFS) affected and add my thanks for the enjoyable flights on the 195, 175 and Dash that I have taken over the years..

In terms of future employment of all those BHX based staff affected it has not been as yet, the same as Monarch and Thomas Cook where Jet2 and TUI added extra BHX based aircraft as the Flybe route profile was very different.

All the additions/replacements thus far, which have been very good for a short period of time involved are all on away based aircraft from Scotland or the Channel Isles.

Four new airlines and four destinations in a few days would normally be celebrated as magnificent but certainly not in this situation as it has come off the back of others distress.

Also with Corona, April based on what is left is heading for around 15% down which no doubt will also affect the staffing in the shops and eateries making matters even more unpredictable.

Pete.
It's really dissappointing that an airport the size of BHX can't maintain at least a daily flight to the capital of Spain!

Will take years to claw back the routes and passengers lost by Flybe, at least Aberdeen and Inverness are back up to the number of Flybe passengers lost, Jersey/Guernsey is a start but still less seats than the Flybe schedules.

Isle Of Man should be added this week, but the other routes will take longer to fill.

KLM now have the Amsterdam flights to themselves, along with Air France on Paris CDG, and Eurowings on Dusseldorf, so they can charge what they like! Will they possible increase or use larger aircraft?

The French regional routes will never be replaced, maybe Lyon will be picked up by someone, so that leaves, Knock, Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Hanover, Milan crying out for new airlines, but who would want to take this on, are we pinning are hopes on Easyjet for these?

And Edinburgh, Glasgow, only 13 flights a week each by Easyjet, will they increase, and Belfast too, unless some other airline restarts Belfast City?

Corona virus will also effect the airport, already airlines are cutting back, and where will this leave the big expansion by Jet 2 and TUI this summer?

If the passengers number for April are only down by 15% I would count that as a good result, I expect a much bigger loss, and what will March be like, we must be talking about a loss of at least 20%?

2020 will not be a good year for the airport