PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 09:11
Sorath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buenas
Did you also included a 30 k loan for your TR and maybe another 10k to keep your licences current? Or do you expect to enter a legacy with all paid from the start ?

I hope it works fine for you and wont look back at this post and think “i should had...”. While working as an engineer and paying 900€ per month. Which in Spain is nearly your whole monthly salary.

Buenas

ps: have you checked salaries at vueling and volotea when you looked at risk vs reward?
Evidently I do not plan to enter a Legacy carrier...
I will not take into account TR costs as I will try/hope to find an airline that bonds or partially pays your TR straight from flight school. There it always time to ask for more money later.
Yes I do have money saved to keep my licences current.

I believe you might be a bit mistaken with salaries In Spain... I earn well over 2k so, it might be tight but it's fine.

I have checked the salaries in vueling volotea and they are lower than your average low cost in Europe... but I'm not getting into this to get rich, just to be happy with my job.

Cheers, thanks for your concerns, I don't mind people being realistic (perhaps a little pessimistic). It's good to see all sides of things.

Hasta luego