PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 08:03
Buenas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sorath
Less than 15K interests... 8 year loan, aprox 800-900 monthly, "the rest of my life" is a bit of an overstatement .... some people mortgage a house and 2 cars for well over 400k... I find that mad.... I guess I'm investing in my future. A future I want. Plus, I want to get started asap; turning 30 this year. Eventually if all goes right I'll earn more money than being and Engineer in Spain. Risk vs Reward seems OK to me, I guess someone with a bit of more financial apprehension could see it with other eyes.
The only problem I see really is that by the time I'm finished with flight school I don't land a job straight away... but I have my plan B financially speaking, so really it's just a matter of time.. That doesn't take away my that I will be incredibly annoyed with the fact that I'm not flying in an airline or elsewhere by the time I'm done training...it will, certainly, eat me up inside.

But overall, I will not deny that asking for a loan with this level of uncertainty does give me the chills.
Did you also included a 30 k loan for your TR and maybe another 10k to keep your licences current? Or do you expect to enter a legacy with all paid from the start ?

I hope it works fine for you and wont look back at this post and think “i should had...”. While working as an engineer and paying 900€ per month. Which in Spain is nearly your whole monthly salary.

Buenas

ps: have you checked salaries at vueling and volotea when you looked at risk vs reward?