PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe in trouble ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 07:38
Richard Dangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51748139

It appears that a number of industry analysts are on the same page. (My bold)

"This is a very difficult time for the airline industry and it will be about conserving cash," said Greg Waldron, Asia managing editor of Flightglobal magazine. "It will be a very challenging time for those airlines who don't have a lot of cash, especially those that have been involved in a price war."

My heart goes out to those losing their jobs and I have no desire to be any sort of doom-monger to others who may be simarly affected, but randomnly blaming governments, CEOs, managements teams and Uncle Tom Cobbly, for being those primarily responsible for creating an industry full of cash strapped, unstable commercial enterprises lacks reality and smacks of victim culture.

We are all to blame, in some degree, for the state of the airline industry, whether we have chosen to invest our careers in it, or we merely use it to get ourselves to the nearest sunny beach.

And if people don't want accept a small portion of the blame, then fair enough...but lets not have fake news about the state of the industry....absolutely nobody working in this industry has any excuse for being blind to the facts.