PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Mar 2020, 14:59
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PPSS
Unfortunately I can't do that. Suffer for this stupid thing called 'conscious' & 'do the right thing syndrome'. But I fully agree with you...

Are you enjoying your company and flying? Is the QOL good?
PPSS,

I generally encourage people to try their luck in the US, and help with info where I can, so here goes..

First off, leave that a** backwards GA attitude of "I'm ok Jack" at home. Aussies have worked hard to build a good working reputation with our US counterparts, and that is starting to pay off as we move into more carriers (Atlas and Southern so far).

Secondly, you do not have the same protections as an employee here like you do at home. What that means for you is if you carry on, they can and will get rid you. For an E3 holder, that means you have 10 days to leave the country. On top of that, if you don't give it back, they will litigate you for any signing bonus that you have not met your time commitment for.

Now I hope you come over and join the hundreds of successful Aussies working throughout the US. Just be aware that there are more than a handful that have been sent packing because they couldn't drop some of the more asinine Australian attitudes towards flying.

Good luck, the water is still warm.

Socks