PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2020, 09:59
cabsav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is perfectly safe airline with i am sure great crews but its a horrid aircraft. Thats a criticism of the vomit burp inducing design and vintage flight deck not in any way how crews operate it. Anyway, my criticism is that i heard a rumour no-one but senior management knew the airline had days/hours left and if true, the trust i am sure is gone. I work for another carrier and the CVs are coming in regularly. The UK definitely does need an airline like flybe and its a great service to pop to europe etc. My worry is that after yesterdays please from the CEO to say basically 'we are the only airline who can do this, please give us some money', is another sign they are very much on the ropes. Why on earth dont virgin/delta/whatever consortium just put the money in instead of playing poker with the future of employees. in my opinion the flight crew job market is starting to downturn and the demise of flybe would make prospect of employment for all very difficult. He says they can go to the end of march. I take it he means payday, whatever day that is. I wish the best to all the employees and hope for some competency in the running of th airline but the latter seems to be a big ask.