PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2020, 22:12
engine out

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I disagree with Flava Savers view. The deadline was set pre-Corona virus. In fact with possible cancellations Qantas may see this as an opportunity to get hands on aircraft sooner rather than later, or some at a cheaper price. When people want to avoid Asia, offering non stop flights may become more attractive. Of course nobody might want to travel full stop.

in regards to all this other Yes/No talk we need to see a finished deal and what it proposes. A straw poll of people I have flown with are all (though begrudgingly) is in the yes camp. AJ will happily set up a new entity to operate it and those saying it is a bluff are misguided. A yes vote keeps the 350 in house, and the Union can try and improve conditions from there. Hopefully now Qantas has forced us into an undesirable position regards the FRMS we can work out how to use it to our advantage, fill in those fatigue reports people.

The only certainty in a NO vote is negotiations will continue, most likely not involving the 350. I saw a suggestion for PIA but if the company are still negotiating I’m not sure there are any grounds. I personally think the way the FWA is stacked in favour of the employer that arguing they want to set up a new business to start flights we currently can’t do would see us laughed out of court. Qantas have much better lawyers, connections and will also win in the court of public opinion.

It really has been check mate to Qantas for some time.