PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Strategic Defence Review 2020 - get your bids in now ladies & gents
Old 23rd Feb 2020, 10:14
finningleyprince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I consider the MOD budget a little like an exceptionally poorly run project to put a decent AV suite in my living room.

I have a budget, but have several variables to consider- the screen, the media player, the discs and the electric bill (the overhead). So if I buy the 8k beauty, with many of all the best bells and whistles, you'd expect me to compromise on the other two, as the electricity is a fixed overhead? I need both the player and the discs for the first bit to actually work- but I bought the expensive 8k beauty, so it needs a fantastic feed for it to show me it's all. Now my budget is blown, but the first two are pretty pointless without the discs. I can go with less bells and whistles here on the media player, and so I now have a minuscule budget for the discs released 5 years ago; I now can't pay the electric bill and the partner isn't able to watch Love Island. I didn't do very well, did I?

Read across to spanking new kit, some of which is for showmanship, then the driver for the kit that is spanking, then the support contract; last and least to consider is the people. For any western company having to cancel courses, travel, development or team building in months 11 and 12 of any financial year is poor housekeeping.
Cummings is hated, but driven and apparently quite ruthless; he will have a field day in the crappy living room he and his team are going to look in. If he asks the right questions then it will be better than watching Top Gun 2.

Do they still sell Matsui?

Last edited by finningleyprince; 23rd Feb 2020 at 10:37.