PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Feb 2020, 07:46
Aloha_KSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logbook

(1) The Qatar CAA requires logbooks to be submitted in EASA FCL 050 format. There is a sample in here that you could print and use for free. Look at page 42: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Easy_Access_Rules_for_Flight_Crew_Licensing_Part-FCL.pdf.

for a bound book, for example: https://www.pilotshop.nl/contents/en...Log_Books.html

So if you are not in that format I would get started transcribing by hand into that format, because you will need it later when your license is submitted for conversion. I would start at the last page and work backwards. I read conflicting requirements, but at the very least, you should have the last page in that format. I did the last six.

That format has a column for "IFR" under operational conditions, next to Night. I found that confusing, as I think they mean "IMC", not "IFR". so I added a column for "IMC" and listed both. You could research that if you like. I wanted to cover all the bases...

(2) Ask someone in flight ops to validate your flight time in a letter on company letter head, listing someone who can be contacted for verification. I did that, as well. Break it down by time with the company and total time as a pilot, including PIC and SIC.

You'll need a copy of your latest sim check, too. If you are planning to leave, I'd PRIA request your whole file.

Do you know anyone from your company who is now at QR? Would be interesting to know what they did.

Note, again, that the JCL 050 format is for the CAA, for conversion after you make it through and are put in the pool/ given a class date. You don't actually need that format for the interview, however, if you show up prepared you'll increase your odds of being one of the 4 or 5 out of 9 or 10 pilots who gets through to the next level.

I wore a tie in QR colours, and I guess it didn't hurt.

Good luck.