PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 18:13
MADMAX190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mehul Chauhan
Hi i am. Joining air astana as first officer. Can u share the assessment details with me specially psychology written technical and sim assessment.
As I said in my long review of Air Astana.
If you have any intention of upgrading DO NOT GO TO AIR ASTANA. They almost never upgrade expats, and when I say almost never, I know of 2 who managed to upgrade and only met one of those 2 personally.
However, if you are intent on applying despite this... The sim accessment itself is pretty straight forward. Engine failure at V1, One engine approach. Some dual engine manoeuvres like steep turns. Not difficult.
They'll ask you some pretty deep systems questions in the pre brief. Essentially go through the flight manual of your type and memorise ANY and ALL numbers. Not just limits and memory items. They'll ask numbers like HYD temps and pressures etc.
This study technique is also what will be required to pass their recurrent sim checks once you're in.
Oh, and this is for type rated, is non type rated, I know it's different but not sure the process.
PM me if you want more info.