PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL CAE June 2019
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 11:00
Jasper45011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I did my stage 2 assessment at CAE for EZY MPL. They said that they would reply within 5 days of the assessment - roughly how long did it take for everyone to receive a reply?

For all that haven't completed the assessment yet, here is what to expect:-
1) Maths Test:
- Simple stuff, just get hot on your Speed distance time formula and fuel burning and some trigonometry (they don't clearly state that you have to use this, so you have to try and work it out)
2) Physics Test:
- Again, simple GCSE stuff. First few questions are usually either filling in the blanks or relating pictures to sentences.
3) FAST
- Hard! It's all multi-tasking so be prepared to have sweaty palms!
4) Cognitive
- Consists of numerical reasoning (stuff like algebra, number sequencing, etc.), non-verbal reasoning, verbal reasoning and working memory tests (remembering what they said in an audio clip or from a picture)
5) Ball game
- Again, it's hard and the joystick is inverted so left = right and right = left - that's what I struggled to get used to
6) Fixed Wing
- This is flying in the simulator and getting used to the controls of the aircraft and being taught how to fly a fighter jet in smooth conditions, at a stable altitude and stable speed - very simply and easy stuff if you have flown on a simulator like Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Prepar3d or X-Plane.
7) Personality Questionnaire
- 285 questions of various types of questions; most of which repeat themselves but worded differently to try and catch you out, so pay attention!

Tips:
- I really recommend investing into the CAE packages if your maths and physics are not up to scratch; they go through the PURE basics
- I would also recommend buying a Latestpilotjobs package with the minimum of the red dot game/ball game because it is essential to understand the feeling of a joystick and what to expect on the day
- Something I highly recommend is to purchase the tests from Symbiotics (ADAPT) as these are the EXACT tests that easyJet and CAE uses to test their candidates; it's essentially like mock testing yourself. I paid for 4 of these (2x maths and 2x physics) and unfortunately they are £18 each but the questions are virtually the same, so if you aren't so good at maths or physics like myself, then definitely get these.

Sorry for it being so long, but this is something I would have loved to read before my assessment to prepare me so I hope it helps some of you!

Good luck everyone!