PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dennis Kenyon
Thread: Dennis Kenyon
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2020, 14:14
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis Kenyon scammed

Hallo good guys and perhaps gals .... I think Adam Faith once sang "Poor Me" .... having already spent two days sending mails to seven hundred friends & customers, I'm beginning to appreciate how he felt. Yes - some fraudster has hacked my e-mail account and has sent scam mails to every contact on my computer ... being a little over 800. 95% of you tell me they spotted an obvious scam-mail. 99% thought the mail at least suspect. Sadly one of our brethren succumbed and arranged the required Amazon vouchers to be paid. (As I write, we may have been able to cancel this one) I'm told the scummy scammer has been in total command of my computer and can see every mail entry or site visited. (Fortunately my few small weaknesses are not illegal) At this stage I need to apologise for the inconvenience to the affected Pruners and friends. My computer Whizz Kid has trawled through both PCs and changed everything ... especially passwords, so hopefully now all back to normal. With the help of one pilot mate I may have been successful in tracking down a guilty party. We arranged for him to reply to the second scam mail saying he wanted to help Dennis Kenyon by sending money ... but would need the necessary bank details. And the idiot scammer has obliged ... a TSB bank. This bank info has been passed to the fraud section of my local Police. The DI tells me IF the man is UK based he will get him. BUT in many fraud cases a UK visiting student is offered a 10% commission for the use of his bank on all monies received, He tells me that the department would need to deal with this sort of fraud several times a day! They don't have the man power, So there dear Gents is where things currently sit. The only comfort I am having is chatting with old mates I haven't seen for ages. If any of you experienced IT experts have further advice for me and other PPruners - please do so. God bless and best wishes Dennis Kenyon.