PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2020, 15:05
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
I can see this all going horribly wrong and my commiserations remain with Flybe employees' who are being shafted by their Bosses, their investors, and now a backtrack (understandably) by HM Govt...
I hope the staff and crews have financial escape parachutes at the ready should the worst happen. I have been here myself too many times in the past and would be dusting off a new CV as we speak.

As for cash and loans it was widely reported that BE needs £100m now just to tread water for a while...

Virgin have shown no stomach to want to work to get Flybe set up as Virgin Connect to feed their own mainline carrier or VS's partners.
But they have been very busy announcing this week more huge tie-ups with Delta, KLM and Air France and opening up the expansion and sharing to earn/redeem on all their mutual Frequent Flyer programs - although Flybe is an AF partner there is not a tie-up to earn/use VS rewards.

Virgin Connect is seemingly totally lost in the ether.
As mentioned above the summer season is around the corner and Connect marketing is non-existent.

Last edited by rog747; 18th Feb 2020 at 16:14.