PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Frequency Boundaries continued.
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2003, 14:09
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icarus2001: yes there is surveillance radar coverage for the IFR traffic in this high density area of southern England, as there is around Sydney - yet we get the alarmist cr&p above (back a couple of pages) such as talk of the dangers of "exposing a B747 on descent into Sydney"...

And of course here in the UK / Europe - as elsewhere - there is not radar coverage everywhere! It depends on the level of traffic!

Of course it would be better to have a wider area in which surveillance is available - and you are fortunate to be going down the ADS-B path which could make this a practical outcome. And eventually such technology will enable pilots in areas of relatively low traffic density self-separate - which would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

============================================

coral: In the links you give there is an alarmist comment quoted in a Singaporean article in which Mr Lang says:
'If you fly in Australia now, I can tell you with full confidence that we provide world-class service and you can be assured of your safety. However, come Nov 28, I can no longer give you that assurance.
This seems to be having the apparently calculated effect of needlessly alarming the Singaporean public from spending their money in Australia:
Sales representative Joanne Lim, 25, who had been thinking of holidaying in Sydney with her boyfriend next year is now reconsidering her options. She said: 'So scary, how to go there now? Maybe we'll go to China instead.'
How will this outcome benefit Australian Air Traffic Control Association's constituents?

Perhaps for balance he should also suggest that Miss Lim also avoids flying to places such as the US where she will suffer similar "dangers"!?

Good job fellas....

Now I must dash off... Let's see if the Pom's can beat the French in the Rugby today!

Andy

Last edited by Aussie Andy; 16th Nov 2003 at 14:38.