PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Service
Thread: Great Service
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2020, 07:12
ChrisVJ

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Great Service

Warning: Aviation content.We just went to Thailand on Korea Air. Got to say I was a little nervous about flying on an Asian airline.

However Korean was outstanding. The aircraft are clean and reasonably spacious. The cabin crew are as immaculate as one might have expected forty years ago, amazing polite and helpful and even some of the food wasn’t too bad. (OK some wasn’t great!) Each flight came with clean blankets, pillows, free headphones and slippers.

What struck me, though, was that our trays came with real metal cutlery. Personally I hate plastic cutlery and was delighted to have real flatware but I’d have to ask: what is the cost of carrying 286 x 2 sets of cutlery on a nine hour flight? This stuff had measurable weight in the hand, maybe 4oz per set. 286 x 2 x4 /16 =143 lbs. Not so much for one flight perhaps but they are doing this many times a day.

You have to contrast that against the amount of single use plastic we’d be getting through and that is getting to be non-pc these days.

Got to say though, loved the service, do it again anytime.