PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Jet2 passenger getting a big bill
Old 13th Feb 2020, 10:57
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by happybiker
Good look to Jet2 with that. The young lady probably has a bank account that is seriously overdrawn.
Yes, it's great to make an example of someone for aviation safety although i doubt it will stop the next clown from doing exactly the same thing. It's in their DNA. In the meantime it's a bit sad for this young women, who unless she gets a lot of help soon will probably become a non- functioning member of society, more so than she already is. As for Jet2 pursuing her for costs? If they are, they really have lost touch with reality. After her stint in prison, this women is destined to become a ward of the state, a beneficiary, a net consumer of taxpayer funds, most likely for the rest of her life and all the while Jet2 holding so much power over her she could never rise above anything again. I know she presented a huge risk to a lot of people but at the same time I dont believe she remembered much of what she did or that she intended to do that. Contrast that with people who cause death and injury and know exactly what they are doing. I would have thought her age and mental condition might have warranted a more compassionate and remedial sentence rather than a lengthy..ish custodial sentence. Maybe a hefty fine which she has to work to pay off. I see it in my country so often. Addiction and mental disorders lead to criminal behaviour, police, court, prison, release and recidivist offending to start the cycle again and again in a continuing downward spiral. . But there is never any help for these people, just more punishment, and more prison. Society ultimately reaps what it sows by not attempting to help those that have potential to be helped rather than locking them up and throwing away the key.Dont get me wrong, I'm not soft on criminals. Leave me alone with a 911 type terroist fro 5 minutes! But this young person is not really in that league.... is she?