PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus accident in SAW; just reported
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2020, 20:01
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
PJ2.
Your statement about SFP was straight out wrong. The reason there has been a bit of reaction to it is that like many posts on the internet now days it was made as a statement of fact with an air of authority about it. This kind of confident posting of inaccurate information is rife and frustrates many.
There are many differences between SFP and non-SFP. One difference that I notice is that the thrust reduces to idle in two seconds if you quickly close the thrust levers rather than five seconds on the non-SFP. It’s much nicer on the SFP than the non-SFP as you can more accurately control the point of touch-down in gusty conditions. Also, if you accurately set your Vref it is slower than on the non-SFP aircraft by a knot or two.
Hope that helps, Cheers
Not my statement, 73qanda, it is from fab777 who was simply providing a link to B737.org.

You're the second poster who has lept in before reading the post carefully and mistaking the authorship of the info on SFP.

Please read the post before characterizing another contributor's writing as "inaccurate". Make sure you're addressing the correct author, otherwise you're doing exactly what you have accused another of doing.

In my post, here, I said:
Here is what B737.org has to say, as linked to previously:
Thank you.
PJ2