PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone want a Victor bomber, FREE to a good home
Old 8th Feb 2020, 09:49
weemonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marham [yeah it was alright it's lovely Norfolk] anecdotal tale

Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
I think individually most of the airmen and women (and matelots) on parade seem to pass muster pretty well. It is just that no attempt to dress by height has been made, and I cant work out why some of the girls are wearing white belts. Can't imagine HM was impressed. Pleased to see the RAF station sign (a blue bull) visible just above the royal car in the photo.

That is just opposite SHQ (or at least where SHQ used to be). Last time I was there was when I handed in my final clearance card on my last day of service in December 1976. More than half a lifetime ago
Last time [?] her Maj came to RAF Marham all we CMU contractor "tramps" were told in no uncertain terms we were not to be visible. This was a bit of a shame as the last time I said hello to her ## I had an armful of SLR as she presented yet another Sqdn standard to the RAFs premier AD outfit...

Anyway. We were "all" out the back of 4 shed tabing [filthy habit but it was crowd syndrome] and past rolls the motorcade on it's regal way when one of the permies [who trust me looked like an aged catweazle] did the unthinkable and WAVED. Word from the front was she gave a small wave back, but nothing like the word we got later along the lines of "if you lot ever do something like that again"...of course no one gave the smart arse reply...

## figuratively speaking of course.