PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus accident in SAW; just reported
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2020, 17:38
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Trabzon incident was caused by the Captain overriding the FO whom had elected to go around due to vis being below the required minima. The aircraft landed deep with one reverser locked out and slewed off to the left. The crew tried to cover the mess up by claiming the trust levers advanced, which is possible if the aircraft lands in TOGA mode..which i did, real issue is the decision to continue to land. The last skid off at SAW was clearly pilot error, wet runway, landing with rudder applied and over controlling. This latest fiasco is yet another example of the gung- ho attitude and commercial pressures on the crews. I've landed at SAW hundreds of times, it's not unusual to have a tail wind whilst descending on the 06 ILS, especially above 400 AGL. If the TWC is out of limits, which it apparently may have been, the correct action must be taken, as demonstrated by previous aircraft. I know may PGS crews, they are not all cowboys and in fairness the management did mark some cards after the Trabzon incident, seems some slipped through the net!