PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kobe Bryant killed in S76 crash
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2020, 20:58
Arnie Madsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sandiego89
Post 329 if fraught with problems, and purely speculation on the attitude, I would not put much credence into it. The 329 poster says the main rotor blades can be seen at the start of the impact site, but they seem to be clearly in the middle at least to me (red and white painted rotor elements). A high speed impact, during a turn in hilly terrain is going to be an extremely violent, tumbling, incident.
Fair enough sandiego89 .... I agree that I should have said the blades are JUST PAST the impact zone (in my original post I said AT the impact zone) .

But I still speculate the machine must have been mostly inverted (blades hit the dirt first) because they all broke off (rather cleanly) and at the same time (at impact crater) ...... then they would have bounced a bit to where they are in middle of the picture .... and the main fuselege traveled a bit farther because of the larger mass .

In any other scenario , such as a steep turn , the blade tips would hit first and sections of blade would fly off in all directions away from the main site.

I cannot think of any other way the blades could all be completely severed and remain in one spot. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.