PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights from China
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 23:30
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you're labouring under the misapprehension that the word "exponential" means "big, scary numbers" or perhaps "big scary numbers getting much bigger". It doesn't mean that at all. I showed you graphically that the exponential rise is decreasing quite quickly, from ~50% to ~25% daily increase--this is good news. Yet you persist in putting up a graph showing total numbers with no context on how they are changing.
No I do not hold that misapprehension. I really do not. I have studied tertiary level biostatistics.

BUT you are looking at a graph based on data which is overwhelmingly based on a single province which has acknowledged it has lost the ability to test.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...reported-hubei
This is from Wuhan overnight.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus, you are locked away. No confirmatory test as they can't do that anymore. No self-quarantine as that isn't working.
If you have been in contact with someone with Coronavirus, you are locked away. Presumably families and health workers.

Under a new rule that took immediate effect, the government said anyone suspected of being infected with the virus or having been in close contact with a confirmed case would be relocated to a dedicated quarantine centre, whether they liked it or not.
And with that, on with my day and I wish you well.