PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Differential braking with anti-skid active
Old 31st Jan 2020, 16:22
tcasblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
I was talking about the five commercial jets I have flown. B707, 747, A300B4, A310, A320. They didn't recommend this. You imagine yourself in the situation of differential braking and how would you go about it. When you apply brake differential or otherwise you keep it pressed. The antiskid will release it if wheel is locking and then when it has speeded up again it will reapply. Your foot remains pressed unless you don't want to brake or want less braking. That's it.
Thanks, I haven't seen it any manuals on aircraft I have flown either with anti-skid, a few of which are different from your types(includes Boeing, Airbus and Lockheed). So it brings up the question. Is there a reason why Embraer has written this the way they have. Is their anti-skid different, or is there some other reason.

Now that I think about it, do any of the other manufacturers actually give detail about differential braking technique while anti-skid is operating. Perhaps Embraer is correct and the others just don't discuss it. If I remember correctly, Boeing states something along the lines of….it is assumed that the pilot already knows how to operate an aircraft and the manuals are not a training aid on how to fly/operate an aircraft in general. If so, perhaps that includes anti-skid operating techniques.

Last edited by tcasblue; 31st Jan 2020 at 16:34.